Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failure on retrieving data from Sharepoint with MS Access

Hi!, i have a trouble and i hope you can help me. I have to retive data from sharepoint view, for this, i'm using an access file to read sharepoint data. I've created an ODBC x64 that points at my access file.

When i tried to generate the connection from my qlikview file, y get this connection string

ODBC CONNECT TO [qlik.mdb] (XUserId is OCfcOaJOBTbGXSRNFbYYVIRNJbaCECVJYB, XPassword is LfPCGIFNRJMaGXBOLDXA);

But, when i try to generate my "Select" Command, qlik says "SQLState IM002 Error Code:0 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source not found and no default driver specified.

Then, i testing writing the sql command directly on script window, but when i run it, qlik says " SqlState: 42000, ErrorCode: 4294965487, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only."

I've checked my sharepoint, access and ODBC Connection and there is nothing wrong. I replicated every steps in another PC, and it works perfectly.

What can i do?

Regards!

1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hello

if you installed the apropiated driver:

you must look on your server for the ODBC Data Source Administrator that can be found in Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Data Sources (ODBC). (on 64 bit Windows systems, you'll have to explicitely call c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe ) and add the driver to the System DSN tab.

Note: When install driver choose for all users instead current user

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful