Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Field Values with blanks in a straight table

I have done a straight table report using MSSQL Server as a data source.  Part of the data source from MSSQL Server looks as follows:

Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 07.29.09.png

Part of the straight table report looks as follows:

Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 07.19.42.png

The SponsorApplicant field in the data source has been renamed Applicant in the above straight table.  The straight table has some blanks in the Applicant field as can be seen from the table above.  I queried the source table for  for NULL or blank SponsorApplicant field values with no results.  Also a physical inspection of the table shows that this field has not blank or NULL field values.

The following script pulls the data into QV:

Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 07.37.39.png

What could be causing the presence of blanks in the Applicant field??

Regards.

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

may be mapping or Data Model of same table with other model tables is causing the same?

sample data or app?

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Just load this single table and check the output, this may be due to this SponsorApplicant field and AppNo are mapped with some other table or so,

Check this way,

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Christoper,

Will you please check your data model(Ctrl+T) of this column table is having data or not in preview ?

if you have data there then UI is showing NULL  data because of Selections/Filters else you did wrong while you creating the data model/Script.

if possible post dummy data we will help to u

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think other tables also, there may be chances for this if there is no values in Table1 but in Table2 then this may occur.

Regards,

jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Bairaj for your input

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Hirish will check

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rama

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok will check further

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear All

I reloaded the files based on your inputs.  I should have pulled an old 'application' which was not up to date and used with newer tables.  On reloading using the correct tables, every thing works fine.