cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Field names as column headers

All,

I am wondering if it's possible to take a data set and format it like I could in a pivot table in excel.  With this data set in excel, it's very easy to put location as my Row Label, Revenue Type as my Column Header, and Revenues as my sum.  Why can't I seem to do this in Qlikview?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

with "Revenue Type as Column Header" you mean the field values (not the field names like your thread title suggests), right?

If this is the case, then you're describing a classical pivot table.

After creating one in QlikView, just drag one dimension to the top as column header:

QlikCommunity_Thread_150080_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_150080_Pic2.JPG

the result should look like:

QlikCommunity_Thread_150080_Pic3.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure if I get what you're asking, but you can add labels for expressions, and therefore set the Field name to every expression (that'll be the column header).

Nevermind, after seeing the answer below I understood that you're looking for the field values to be the column headers. Yeah what Marco Wedel below me said is correct.

MarcoWedel

Hi,

with "Revenue Type as Column Header" you mean the field values (not the field names like your thread title suggests), right?

If this is the case, then you're describing a classical pivot table.

After creating one in QlikView, just drag one dimension to the top as column header:

QlikCommunity_Thread_150080_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_150080_Pic2.JPG

the result should look like:

QlikCommunity_Thread_150080_Pic3.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That does it.  Thanks Guys!

MarcoWedel

You're welcome

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can the columns be moved?  To use your example above, could you drag December in front of November?

MarcoWedel

not by dragging, you would have to define a special sort order, e.g. an expression to sort by.

MarcoWedel

one example:

=Match([Revenue Type], 'type 2', 'type 3', 'type 1')

would sort the Revenue Type columns in the defined order: 'type 2', 'type 3', 'type 1'

QlikCommunity_Thread_150080_Pic4.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry to keep pestering you - but any idea why I am not seeing any subtotals? Capture.PNGCapture 2.PNG

MarcoWedel

No, not at the first glance.