Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Figure out the current path automatically

Hi, I have the following situation:

I distribute the data files to the needed computers with Dropbox. I have a folder with the QV file and the data files are in a subfolder of this folder.

The pathway is different on each computer till the folder in wich I have the QV file.

Now I am using a Set path=E/....... function. But I have to modify this constant for each computer. Is it a possibility to find out the pathway of the folder in wich the QV file is located?

I could then set a constant with the pathway and use it in the script each time I need to import a new table.

Thank you,

N

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Dear Ricardo, I tried the relative pathways, but I have a QV file in one folder and then I have several subfolders with a lot of othes excell and csv files to import. I need to adress the subfolders. Do you know a workaround for this?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

For this situation, you should use "Relative paths" in your script.

There's an option in the script editor, in "data" sheet, group "Data from files".

Regard,

Ricardo

Not applicable
Author

Dear Ricardo, I tried the relative pathways, but I have a QV file in one folder and then I have several subfolders with a lot of othes excell and csv files to import. I need to adress the subfolders. Do you know a workaround for this?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ricardo, it is working with subfolder, I just need to put in the name of the subfolder followd by a Backslash.

Directory;

LOAD Filed_Name

FROM

[New folder\Path Bugetare.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

Right!

It's a Relative path.