Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

File Not Found when opening .qvw file with ‘&’ in file name

I am using the WebTicket method of authentication to return QlikView reports into an iframe inside of SharePoint 2013.  As an example let’s say I have a file called “This file has an & in the name.qvw”  The url I’m placing in the iframe’s src attribute is:

QvAJAXZfc/authenticate.aspx?type=html&webticket=<ticket>&try=/QvAJAXZfc/opendocnotoolbar.htm?document= This%20file%20has%20an%20%26%20in%20the%20name.qvw

So you can see that I’ve URL encoded the filename so the & is showing as “%26” however when the response comes back all the other URL encoding is retained but the %26 is decoded to “&=” and the server returns “File not found.”  Is there any way to prevent Authenticate.aspx from decoding the & inside the file name being passed in the “try” query string parameter, or is there some other workaround to get it to work with this file.  All other files open with this url structure in the iframe without any problems.

If I just browse to “<servername>/QvAJAXZfc/opendocnotoolbar.htm?document=This%20file%20has%20an%20%26%20in%20the%20name.qvw” the file opens without any issues.  That’s why I’m thinking that Authenitcate.aspx is causing the issue.

Thank you for your help.

0 Replies