Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator

File size growth tracker

hi

i want to find the the growth of my .qvw (dashboard) file size from beginning to till now. May I know which log file hav the .QVW file size information so that I can analyze on that log file?

Thanks,

Gautham

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Probably governance dashboard will help. see the below description to locate where exactly in governance dashboard you can get the details.

Capture.JPG

-Siva

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Gautham,

I've attached an example of a QVW that stores its file size into a QVD on each reload.

Let vFileSize = FileSize('Demo.qvw');

Let vFileTime = Now();

FileSizeHistory:

LOAD FileSize,

FileTime

FROM

Demo.qvd

(qvd);

Concatenate (FileSizeHistory)

LOAD * INLINE [

FileSize, FileTime

$(vFileSize), $(vFileTime)

];

STORE FileSizeHistory INTO 'Demo.qvd' (qvd);

Does this work for you?

Naamloos.png

With kind regards,

Ronald

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Ronald, Is there anyway that this is already captured in the logfile or metadata. so that i can track the history and understand how this qvw changed over a period of time???

-Gautham

RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Gautham,

If you use QMC to reload your QVW, you might want to check the server logs.

That shows (amongst other info):

"(2017-06-12 06:37:14) Information: Physical FileSize=314.17 Mb. Memory Allocation Delta for this file=14.30 Mb. Available Physical Memory Before Open=28102.40 Mb. Available Physical Memory After Open=28113.57 Mb. Total Physical Memory=32767.14 Mb."

This is however before reload, but should enable you to get an idea of historical file sizes.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Probably governance dashboard will help. see the below description to locate where exactly in governance dashboard you can get the details.

Capture.JPG

-Siva