cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Filter Question

I have a field in my data that I want to have a filter for.  The values of this field are 'Yes' and 'No'.

If the user chooses Yes then I want them to see all data where the value is 'Yes.  However, if they choose No then I want them to see all rows of data.  I don't want them to only see the rows with a No.  Qlikview does this by default.

I am not sure how or if I can do what I want.

I tried creating an Inline table with the values Yes and No and using that as the filter.  I can code the expression in my table so that it does what I want.  However, the same expression is not working in my charts that have additional expressions in them.

I also tried formatting the data coming in.  So that the value is either Yes or null.  That sort of works also except that my filter pulldown only shows Yes.  No is not an option.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
effinty2112
Master
Master

I think your best bet would be to set a variable (call it vShowYandN for example). Toggle it between 0 & 1 by using a button with action to set vShowYandN  to 1-$(vShowYandN). Toggle the button's text too to make it clear what's going on.

Set a variable trigger that will set the field in question to 'Yes' or clear it depending on the variable's value.

You don't really want to select 'No' in a listbox as this selection propagates through the entire document.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

PFA