Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomHolland
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filter dates

I have following dates in an Object Table:

1-12-2015
6-7-2015
8-12-2016
3-11-2017
5-11-2017
3-2-2009
18-6-2013
27-8-1965

I want to display only the dates as of 1-1-2017 using   >   in the search box but is does not work.

How can I solve this?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You mean, You want to create a field called FieldName and data should display until '1-1-2017' ??? What you mean by Search box? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
TomHolland
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I do not want to creat a filed name, as I already have it "Date".

I want to be able to, instead of showing all dates, display only the dates as of ...

I understood this should be possible through filtering/searching in the Search Object (that I called the Search box) using ">".

But it does not work.

sathishbabu_s_g
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Tom,

The List box supports wildcard search, may be you can control the values displaying in the list box using expression.

=if(ShipDate < '01-07-2017', MonthName(ShipDate))

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is the Date field text or a numeric Qlikview date value? Dates in DMY format will not filter correctly of they are string values. Convert them to dates during load with Date#(). The you should be able to filter the list box by typing ">=1-1-2017 "

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein