Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomHolland
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filter dates

I have following dates in an Object Table:

1-12-2015
6-7-2015
8-12-2016
3-11-2017
5-11-2017
3-2-2009
18-6-2013
27-8-1965

I want to display only the dates as of 1-1-2017 using   >   in the search box but is does not work.

How can I solve this?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You mean, You want to create a field called FieldName and data should display until '1-1-2017' ??? What you mean by Search box? 

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
TomHolland
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I do not want to creat a filed name, as I already have it "Date".

I want to be able to, instead of showing all dates, display only the dates as of ...

I understood this should be possible through filtering/searching in the Search Object (that I called the Search box) using ">".

But it does not work.

sathishbabu_s_g
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Tom,

The List box supports wildcard search, may be you can control the values displaying in the list box using expression.

=if(ShipDate < '01-07-2017', MonthName(ShipDate))

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is the Date field text or a numeric Qlikview date value? Dates in DMY format will not filter correctly of they are string values. Convert them to dates during load with Date#(). The you should be able to filter the list box by typing ">=1-1-2017 "

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein