Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter dimension

Hello, in cross table, I have 4 different dimensions and several expressions. One of these is calculating the amount of an order.

My boss is asking me to filter these orders with an input field. Therefore, I would like to add in the dimension a conditon (if, then...) so the dimension with the orders numbers can be filtered.

Let say for example that he wants to show only the orders with an amount higher than 1000€. In the input field, he wll wirte '1000' and the table will filter itself on that value.

Unfortunately, in a dimension, it'not possible to use an expression, so I'm not sure how to do this.

Thanks!

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Fortunately there is 'Add Calculated Dimension ..': that could help you here(you can write an expression).

Screen Shot 11-07-14 at 06.11 PM.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

I'm already using these since I have other conditions. So to make it easier, I stored the expressions used in a variable and in that box, I wrote this:

$(tes01) >= AttvCAMin (which is the variable used in the input field. Unfortunately, it's not working.

Here is how the dimensions is:

=if(JD_NDEVIS_ATTENTE=(1) and date(JD_DATE_RAPPEL_MAX)<=Today(),

JD_NDEVIS & ' - ' & date(JD_DATE_RAPPEL_MAX))

this is working, but when I add '$(tes01) >= AttvCAMin' it's not working anymore 😕

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Possibly the variable definition(with or without '=') or expansion could be the issue. Try to upload a your qvw sample that could be investigated.

Not applicable
Author

Here they are