Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filtering by the result of a Calculated Expression

Hi everyone,

VERY new to QlikView (less than 2 weeks!) but loving it so far!

I need some help with being able to filter a table/chart according to the result of an expression - if this is possible.

I have attached an example (see the sheet called 'Current Month').

In the 'Client by Client' table, there is a calculated field called '% above/below target' which is the area I am looking for assistance on.

Essentially I'd like to create a button which I can click so that this table (and the bar graph below it) would only show the clients who are ABOVE target (i.e., figures of >= 100%). And then an additional button that will then just filter to show those clients BELOW target.

Is this possible? Please help!

Thanks,

Lee Cashman

Disclaimer - All data is 'dummy data' and bears no relation whatsoever to actual clients or volumes.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi all,

I think I've figured this out! Looks like I need to use the AGGR function in order to create a calculated dimension based on my date. This has enabled me to create an 'above target' and 'below target' dimension linked to the client name. When I click either 'above' or 'below', the dashboard filters just fine!

Onwards and upwards...

Lee

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi all,

I think I've figured this out! Looks like I need to use the AGGR function in order to create a calculated dimension based on my date. This has enabled me to create an 'above target' and 'below target' dimension linked to the client name. When I click either 'above' or 'below', the dashboard filters just fine!

Onwards and upwards...

Lee

View solution in original post