Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeacashman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filtering by the result of a Calculated Expression

Hi everyone,

VERY new to QlikView (less than 2 weeks!) but loving it so far!

I need some help with being able to filter a table/chart according to the result of an expression - if this is possible.

I have attached an example (see the sheet called 'Current Month').

In the 'Client by Client' table, there is a calculated field called '% above/below target' which is the area I am looking for assistance on.

Essentially I'd like to create a button which I can click so that this table (and the bar graph below it) would only show the clients who are ABOVE target (i.e., figures of >= 100%). And then an additional button that will then just filter to show those clients BELOW target.

Is this possible? Please help!

Thanks,

Lee Cashman

Disclaimer - All data is 'dummy data' and bears no relation whatsoever to actual clients or volumes.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
leeacashman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi all,

I think I've figured this out! Looks like I need to use the AGGR function in order to create a calculated dimension based on my date. This has enabled me to create an 'above target' and 'below target' dimension linked to the client name. When I click either 'above' or 'below', the dashboard filters just fine!

Onwards and upwards...

Lee

View solution in original post

1 Reply
leeacashman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi all,

I think I've figured this out! Looks like I need to use the AGGR function in order to create a calculated dimension based on my date. This has enabled me to create an 'above target' and 'below target' dimension linked to the client name. When I click either 'above' or 'below', the dashboard filters just fine!

Onwards and upwards...

Lee