Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering data through Qlik Rest API Connector

Hi I am connecting to a table and because the table contains too many rows, I just want part of data, such as CustomerType='student', I tried Query Parameter and Query Header with Name=CustomerType and Value=student, and it returns same result as I don't pur any condition. The result returns several records for each type, what setting makes it to do so? And how do I get Student data only? Thanks!

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

<BUMP> - is there someone in the community that can assist?

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jessica, I moved it to the New to QlikView section to get some more visibility.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi everyone,

I faced with use of $filter parameter as well. It's strange that everything works via browsers (Chrome, IE, FF, Edge) but does not work via QV.

In my URL I have the following parameter string: <URI>?filter=Code eq '643'.

When I add the parameters to the REST Connection dialog (either into URL or Query parameters) and test connection, the "Operation is not allowed in WHERE" error appears.

I found that IIS logs contains the following:

1. for queries sent from browsers -> $filter=Code%20eq%20%27643%27

2. for queries sent from QV -> %24filter=Code+eq+'643'

I.e. QV or REST Connector replaces some symbols in such a way the service throws an error (400 or 500).

Does anyone have any assumption what can I do with this?

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

Maxim

pawwy1415
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Maxi,

Did you find any solution? We had same issue and we can't extract full load daily and want to extract only last 1 week record based on some conditions.