Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering out data in Straight Table

I have a straight table with a load of data in it. How would I add a filter so that I only see rows where a value in one of the columns is > 100, for example?

5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You have a number of options open to you:

• If the amount is fixed, then you could add a flag in your load script and then filter on the flag.
  • If the amount can be one of only a few values, you could create intervals for these values and then intervalmatch the intervals. Then filter on the intervals (depending on user selections).
  • You may be able to apply a filter to one or more of the dimensions (by using a calculated dimension).
  • You can filter the data columns (you must do this to all the columns). Lets say the value of interest is in Column 1:

=If(expression1 > 100, expression1)

=If(Column(1) > 100, expression2)

=If(Column(1) > 100, expression3)

=If(Column(1) > 100, expression4)

(oh, and ensure that suppress null values is ON)

There may be others. Without more information on your requirements, its hard to be specific.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to respond, really appreciate it. Options 1 and 2 aren't suitable. How would I filter the data using a calculated dimension? Giving a bit more detail, I have a table containing an ID number, the date it was added to the database and the time difference between the date added and now.

What I want to do is only show rows where the difference in seconds is greater than 540,000. I have a calculated expression called 'M_Seconds' that contains this value for each row, but if I do IF(now - logdate > 540000, now - logdate) on the expression then it doesn't actually filter anything out.

Not applicable
Author

I figured it out I think, I found the Calculated Dimension option and set that to my expression, then suppressed NULL values and it has filtered the data out. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

this Helps me also...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Helps me too.