Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Final document is different from what I designed

Hi,

I've been working on a qvd for a while and in order to demo where we placed the document on the Qlikview server so we can access it through the web AccessPoint.

What I noticed was that a lot of the presentation and formatting appears to change from the design to the web version.  For example the serch box is much bigger in the Qlikview application; the list-boxes are move equally spaced; I'm noticing that tabs on containers are so small you can't read the title; caption titles are not spaced as I designed.  These are only a few of the issues I'm noticing.

Is there a reason why the web view would differ so vastly from the qvd I designed?

Thanks

C

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I'm assuming that QlikView Desktop and QlikView Server are the same version (for example, 11.00.11282). If this is the case, then the most likely reason is that you developed using a very different screen resolution with Desktop, and you are viewing the files in AccessPoint with the Ajax client, The Ajax client, as opposted to the Plugin client, cannot autozoom, unless you increase or decrease the zoom factor of the entire page.

There is a button in the toolbar of QlikView, as well as in the View menu that is very useful when you aim to Ajax users, that is "Turn on/of Webview". Webview is the closest approach to what the users will see using an Ajax client in your Desktop. Use it when developing or install the IE Plugin in your clients.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I'm assuming that QlikView Desktop and QlikView Server are the same version (for example, 11.00.11282). If this is the case, then the most likely reason is that you developed using a very different screen resolution with Desktop, and you are viewing the files in AccessPoint with the Ajax client, The Ajax client, as opposted to the Plugin client, cannot autozoom, unless you increase or decrease the zoom factor of the entire page.

There is a button in the toolbar of QlikView, as well as in the View menu that is very useful when you aim to Ajax users, that is "Turn on/of Webview". Webview is the closest approach to what the users will see using an Ajax client in your Desktop. Use it when developing or install the IE Plugin in your clients.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel.

I've started using the "Turn on/off Webview" button; however in that view am I right in thinking that I can't make changes the biggest issue I currently have is that I have a container with seven reports/charts and in webview bar the first word you can't see the rest of the title.  Is there anyway to make these tab widths widers?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

No, there is no way to make that wider. Check anyway the Presentation tab in the Container properties. What you can do is to add containers to containers, so you can have two objects within only one container, kind of a dropdown menu...

Hope that helps.

Miguel