Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Firstsortedvalue returns Null

Hi everybody, I have the following expression:

FirstSortedValue(DescriptionFixed,Aggr(sum(Amount-OriginalAmt), DescriptionFixed))

Since I have exactly the same amount for two different items the firstsortedvalue brings me NULL.

How can I get just one item instead of NULL?  Either item will work.

Any help will be greatly appreciate it

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please try:

=FirstSortedValue(country,-Aggr(sum(Amount-OriginalAmt)+rank(DescriptionFixed,DescriptionFixed)/10,DescriptionFixed))

This will do the second sorting by alphabetical order (DescriptionFixed field).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Nuno

View solution in original post

14 Replies
mrossoit
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I can't try it at the moment.

Try to add distinct keyword:

FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT DescriptionFixed,Aggr(sum(Amount-OriginalAmt), DescriptionFixed))

Regards

MR

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You're already showing the value you want to calculate in the dimension column. Why do you think you need that expression?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please try:

=FirstSortedValue(country,-Aggr(sum(Amount-OriginalAmt)+rank(DescriptionFixed,DescriptionFixed)/10,DescriptionFixed))

This will do the second sorting by alphabetical order (DescriptionFixed field).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Nuno

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nuno, thank you very much it ran smoothly, I really appreciate your help.

What is the /10 stand for?

Best,

Eric !

Not applicable
Author

I already did Massimiliano, but did not work. Thanks for your help though

Nuno's approach worked perfectly

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eric,

Thanks. I can't take all the credit for the formula, because it's adapted from cleveranjos‌.

The /10 is only to get it in a small factor that the second sort doesn't mess up the first.

Kind regards,

Nuno

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nuno. I have another question for you. I just created a backorder app:

Our ideal billing process is for every Cust PO  one invoice is created, however that is not happening and my App is showing unreal BO.

Example:

CustPO: 0029075 is related with 2 invoices: SI015361 and SI015362. This causes that the report show unreal BO, for example the first LineNo_"200000" on the report has $1,706 on PO Amount, but 0 invoiced, meaning that the line is consider as a BO, however the second row same item and same LineNo_"200000" show $1,706 on PO Amount and $1,706 invoiced. Hence the first line it is not a BO.

La Bodega.JPG

I think that writing an IF statement on the script can be a good approach to not show duplicated keys, or even better firstsortedvalue, since I need to show the value that has Invoiced amount and prevent the unreal BO, but I do not know how to do it. Any thoughts?

KDup
0029075|200000
0029075|200000
0029075|290000

Thank you very much for your help..

Best,

Eric

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eric,

Looking at you data I would just do something like:

Load *

where Invoiced (1st column) = 'Invoiced'

or

Load *

where Invoiced (11th column) <> 0

One of those should remove the duplications. depending on the rule you prefer.

Firstortedvalue or other more complicated solutions are only necessary if your request is more complex than I understood.

Kind regards,

Nuno

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nuno, thanks you very very much for the tip, however I still need to Show the Invoiced=(backorder) on the first approach and on the second there can be situations where there is 0 on the eleven column meaning that there was zero inventory hence a BO.

I was trying to use de Dup key that I created with  WHERE but the result it is not correct, this is part of the script:

// Help to create a concatenate field from diferent tables and filter duplicated Backorders

BODdupTemp:

Load Distinct

Invoice As Invoice,

"#CustPO" As KCustPO

Resident SalesInvoice;

Join

Load Distinct

Invoice As Invoice,

"Line No_" As KLineNo

Resident SalesInvoiceline;

SalesInvoiceline:

Load Distinct