Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Font size for a word bigger than the others in a sentence

Hi,

I am displaying an expression my chart. Something like this:  there are (expression) open bugs.

I want to enlarge that number to a different colour and font size as compared to the rest of the words in the sentence.

-- I already tried going to Properties -> Expressions -> clicking on the + button and Text colour -> and i wrote blue (count({<State={New}>} Number))

But this did not change the colour of that part of the expression.

So here is the expression:

= count({<State={New}>} Number)& ' New incidents!'

So i want to now change the colour of this number part and increase the font size.

how can i do that?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I just saw your other post where I see you are trying to do the bolding in the caption of a gauge chart. I don't think that's possible. As John suggested, you could get the effect by creating some text objects or by using the Text in Chart feature as I have in this updated example. I moved the texxt around by using Ctl-Shift.

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't believe you can do that directly, though you could fake it with two different text boxes, one for the number, one for the text.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Formatting applies to the entire expression, so you have to use separate objects or expressions.

Attached is an example of using three expressions to get the result you want. I unselected "Vertical Expression Borders" in Style to create the appearance of one cell for the phrase.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I just saw your other post where I see you are trying to do the bolding in the caption of a gauge chart. I don't think that's possible. As John suggested, you could get the effect by creating some text objects or by using the Text in Chart feature as I have in this updated example. I moved the texxt around by using Ctl-Shift.

-Rob