Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Font size for a word bigger than the others in a sentence

Hi,

I am displaying an expression my chart. Something like this:  there are (expression) open bugs.

I want to enlarge that number to a different colour and font size as compared to the rest of the words in the sentence.

-- I already tried going to Properties -> Expressions -> clicking on the + button and Text colour -> and i wrote blue (count({<State={New}>} Number))

But this did not change the colour of that part of the expression.

So here is the expression:

= count({<State={New}>} Number)& ' New incidents!'

So i want to now change the colour of this number part and increase the font size.

how can i do that?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Font size for a word bigger than the others in a sentence

I just saw your other post where I see you are trying to do the bolding in the caption of a gauge chart. I don't think that's possible. As John suggested, you could get the effect by creating some text objects or by using the Text in Chart feature as I have in this updated example. I moved the texxt around by using Ctl-Shift.

-Rob

3 Replies
MVP
MVP

Font size for a word bigger than the others in a sentence

I don't believe you can do that directly, though you could fake it with two different text boxes, one for the number, one for the text.

Formatting applies to the entire expression, so you have to use separate objects or expressions.

Attached is an example of using three expressions to get the result you want. I unselected "Vertical Expression Borders" in Style to create the appearance of one cell for the phrase.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

I just saw your other post where I see you are trying to do the bolding in the caption of a gauge chart. I don't think that's possible. As John suggested, you could get the effect by creating some text objects or by using the Text in Chart feature as I have in this updated example. I moved the texxt around by using Ctl-Shift.

-Rob

Community Browser