Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Forcing all labels to be visable after selection

Another challenge for you all!

I am using a bubble chart to show results of mobility and change levels.

When I have all data selected all of the labels are there, however when I filter to a lower level labels are lost.

How can I force the label to always stay?

Not filtered

Not Filtered Bubble Diagram.png

Filtered

Filtered Bubble Diagram.png

Thanks

Rob

15 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe I misunderstood your requirement, but what's wrong with the solution Henric suggested?

How do you want the chart to react on user selections?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, what I'm after is the chart to look like the first chart in this string of dialogue.

It has the 4 labels along the bottom and the four on the left of the chart.  When I filter the chart (see the next chart) I would like all the labels to stay visible.

I can achieve this by un-checking "Suppress Zero-Values"   However this presents additional Null values in the chart. (see the third chart). If I then "Suppress when value is Null" it reverts to the second chart

Not sure that clarifies things.

Thanks

Rob

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Rob,

when I compare your requirement to my Profile_2.qvw attached above, I see exactely this: Four labels to the bottom and four labels to the left even after making selections.

(and it's probably just a matter of taste if you want to hide the excluded values completely or keep them in with a greyish color like Henric did)

So I must miss something else you are after.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan, apologies - you are right.

It was more a matter of trying to make it work how it should through the calculations!

If I could ask for one more bit of help - I was wanting the bubble colours to always have the colour 7 from the palette.

Thanks Rob

Henric, your help also appreciated.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You really want the colour 7 from the palette used in my sample ?

No, just kidding, you just need to specifiy the color in the background color attribute expression:

=if(Count(Profile)=0,argb(0,255,255,255),color(7))

or specify the color using rgb values:

=if(Count(Profile)=0,argb(0,255,255,255),rgb(231,138,210))

Not applicable
Author

no not from your sample but the colour 7 in my qvw

That has sorted it though.

By the looks of it I still need to get the database person to sort the relationships for the data to the filters I'm using but the way it works now is what I need.

Thanks

Rob