Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Forecast not showing with certain selections

Hi,

I have a field [Enrollment Count] whose value is populated on daily basis.

Now in the middle of the month, I have to make a forecast for the remaining days of the month for which

I am using this expression :

if(not sum([Enrollment Count]),linest_m(total aggr(if(sum([Enrollment Count]),sum([Enrollment Count])), Date), Date)* Date  +linest_b(total aggr(if(sum([Enrollment Count]),sum([Enrollment Count])),Date), Date))

This gives me a projection based on regression.

However, I also have a field state. If I select a particular state, then the projected values do not come on the chart.

Any particular reason for this?

Regards,

Rajiv

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

if(not sum([Enrollment Count]),

linest_m(total aggr(if(sum([Enrollment Count]),sum([Enrollment Count])), Date), Date)* Date

+linest_b(total aggr(if(sum([Enrollment Count]),sum([Enrollment Count])),Date), Date))

The expression that I am using.

Not applicable
Author

If may be due to the forecast dates not being associated with any states. Once you select something only the associated data will be displayed - the "associative" experience. This is the default functionality of qlikview.

You can try concatenating the forecast data to your fact table for each state. This will allow you to select a state and still have the forecast dates be associated. If done correctly, your forecast will still display.

Not applicable
Author

For example, you could do this

UniqueStates:

LOAD DISTINCT

STATES //Change to your actual state field name

RESIDENT #FactTabelName; //#FactTableName should be your table name

For i = 15 to 30 //From day 15 to day 30 - assuming 30 days

CONCATENATE (#FactTabelName) //#FactTableName should be your table name

LOAD

STATES //Change to your actual state field name

,MakeDate(2012,3,$(i)) as Date //creates date for each remaining day