Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Formatting Y Axis & scale of graph

HI

i have created a horizontal block graph but the problem i have got is that the captions on the y axis are too long to fit into the available space so often you see half a word with lots of dots after.

What i would like to do is to keep the graph the same size but change the layout so there is more room for the y axis and to make the graph smaller, only problem is i can't work out how to do it. The other thought i had was to change the size of the font on the Y axis but again i can't see how to do this

Is anyone able to help me

Thanks

6 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

Axis size should be automatically sized after the longest texts, however there is a limit to how much of the total chart width that will be used for axis (1/3rd i belive). You can resize the axis manually by pressing Shift+Alt and Dragging the appropriate side of your chart.

kji
Employee
Employee

Meant to write Shift+Ctrl, not Shift+Alt.

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Right click on Graph -----> Goto properties ---> Goto Axis tab ---> Now we have two frames here

1. Expression axis i.e. Y Axis and

2. Dimension Axis i.e. X Axis.

You can change font for both the axis seperately from this tab. Also you can redefine the dimension of the labels for X axis.

Also, you can relocate the position of the sub objects by using "Shift + Ctrl" Key while selecting Graph. See the image attached.

Regards,
Shumail

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Also see the below image as well

Not applicable
Author

thanks very much - this is very helpful

Not applicable
Author

I changed the font size of my Y axis for my horizontal bar chart by going to:  Presentation tab > Settings button > Font button.  Every other font button did not work for me