Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

From Date and To Date problem

Hi, Have attached the code which I am using to get the from date and to date, but it's not working. Could you please look into it and let me know where I am going wrong. Best Regards,

4 Replies
sreenivas
Creator III
Creator III

How you are differentiating from date and to date for both you are refering the same column and also in all the tables you are using same field name fromdate,todate it will create syn tables also.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Subham,

I noticed that there are From_date and to_date in multiple tables, which creates synthesis key.  Also how you are getting from and two date?

Why you are arriving same fields for example (INQUIRY_RECEIVED_DATE) multiple times as two different fields?

Generally in this situation, I will provide 2 date objects for selecting From and to and assign it to a variable.  By using set analysis I will filter the data based on the above selected From and to dates.

=Sum({<Date={'>=$(=vFromDate)<=$(=vToDate)'}>} Sales)

If possible I wil provide an example sooner.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, Jagan!! You got the point...it's kind of set analysis which will be not independent selection for all the charts and other object. And my intention is to use independently rather than making a chart expression with set analysis. Could you please drill down further more to provide me better solution. Best Regard,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sreenivas, I was just a thought and really it creates syn key. I have removed that, next time. So now my question is how to make From Date and To Date work dynamically for all the selection. based on that code, can you please give me any implementation. Best,