Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full Accumulation Problem

Hi All,

I am having a problem with the "Full Accumulation" function in a chart.

I have a chart which plots accumulated values over time compared with the previous year.

The issue I have is the current year to date is extending out to the end date of the previous year.

The graph below shows "Selected TM" or current year.  Cumulative (using Full Accumulation) is rolled out to the end of period when it actually should end at year to date (Value 8 on the x-axis - as shown in the expression with no accumulation).

graph.bmp

Is there any way I can have the cumulated value for current year to date ending at the actual x-axis intersect and not flowing out to the end of period.

Thanks

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I was wondering if you found a solution for this, as I ran into the same problem.

Regards,

Eva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Eva,

I have worked this out.  For an accumulation of year to date (stopping at the latest date) do not use the
Accumulation functionality in Qlikview.  Instead set the expression to "No Accumulation" and use the RangeSum function to perform the accumulation within the expression.

Here's an example of the RangeSum expression:

RangeSum(

COUNT({$<[SEMESTER] = {"<=$(vCTerm)"}>} IF(MATCH(SEMESTER,'01', '02', '03', '04') AND TERM_CI_START<=DATE(TODAY('DD/MM/YYYY')), COURSE_ENR)),

Above("Actual")

Cheers

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karl, accumulation within the expression did the trick for me, too.

Regards, Eva

Eva Stein

Consultant

Tel. (direkt) +49 531 23854 833

Tel. (mobil) +49 162 26278 25

mailto:e.stein@fme.de

fme AG

Wolfenbütteler Straße 33

38102 Braunschweig

Germany

http://www.fme.de/

phone +49 531 23854 0

fax +49 531 23854 70

...it's possible!

Braunschweig - Cologne - Duesseldorf - Frankfurt - Munich - Cluj-Napoca (ROM) - Danbury, CT (USA)

fme AG has moved their headquarters!<http://www.fme.de/en/news-events/news/current-news/latest-news/article/fme-ag-has-moved/> Please note that our office address has changed.

Vorstand fme AG: Dirk Bode

Aufsichtsrat fme AG: Stefan H. Tarach (Vorsitzender), Helmut Streiff (Stellvertreter), Volker Greisbach

Handelsregister Braunschweig HRB: 5422 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Braunschweig