Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full range of values on dimension axis

I'm trying to create a chart using data like this...

ID
Attainment
10012%
10025%
10035%
100416%

The resulting histogram looks like this (Qlikview)...

Attain.jpg

But I want it to look like this (Excel)...

Attain2.jpg

The problem: I want to show all of the Attainment values from 0% to 20%.  Is there a way to force the dimension axis to show a list of values even if those values aren't represented in your data?  I've tried using a continuous axis, but it causes the bars to overlap.

6 Replies
johanlindell
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I know this is late but I stumbled on your post here looking for something else.

You need add "empty" data for the Attainment percentages that you are missing. See attached example.

Graph.PNG.png

Good luck!

Johan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the response.  Your suggestion definitely works, but I'm afraid it's not feasible for me.  I'm using very large data sets and it would be impractical and messy for me to create that many empty records across all relevant dimensions.

As this is a display issue (as opposed to, say, a calculation issue), it's sad to think that the solution would require me to change the data.

Not applicable
Author

Just create the dummy data from 1% to 20% and join with attainment.

On the Bar chart , uncheck supress zero values option.

johanlindell
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Yes.

Probably event better to make a small table with the twenty dummy-rows and then concatenate the big table.

/Johan

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Johan

I have similar requirement, I want to show last 18 month on X Axis.  Can you suggest something on this?

avinashelite

Hi Mark,

One simple solution would be create one inline table line this :

load * inline

[

Attainment

1%

2%

etc

];

since the Attainment field name is common both the fields will get linked and not you can in the chart properties you need to uncheck the upress zero values and check populate zero values this is give your desired result