Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pawwy1415
Creator III
Creator III

Function Help

Hi,

Can any one please help me on below requirement.

I have a Name field with below records.

Name

<p>A code that identifies the type of party that the postal address usage applies to.</p>

The name of the residential postal address country for the individual.

<div>A code that identifies the country of an organisation operating address.</div>

<p style="font-size: 12.0px;"><span style="font-size: 13.0px;">A code that identifies the country where an entity is registered to operate, in accordance with the rules set forth by the regulatory body that grants the registration.<br/></span></p>

Expected Output:

Name

A code that identifies the type of party that the postal address usage applies to.

The name of the residential postal address country for the individual.

A code that identifies the country of an organisation operating address.

A code that identifies the country where an entity is registered to operate, in accordance with the rules set forth by the regulatory body that grants the registration.

I have tried this logic to avoid<p> </p> but its removing p letter in the middle of text also.

PurgeChar(Name,'<,>,/,#,p')

I there any other way to handle this scenario. Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Try:

replace(PurgeChar(Name,'/,#'),'<p>','')

pawwy1415
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @m_woolf 

Thanks for your reply.

Its working fine on <P> TAG scenario. But there are some records staring with <div> and some with <Span> tags. Is there any way to remove those tags as well .

Please help me on this.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

replace(replace(replace(PurgeChar(Name,'/,#'),'<p>',''),'<div>',''),'<span>','')

Unless the "s" in span is capitalized as you show in your reply.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did the last post you received get you what you needed?  If so, do not forget to return to the thread and use the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that got you what you needed, in this case I would assume the last post above mine likely was the solution, but I prefer to have folks mark them versus me assuming as much, so please be sure to circle back to take care of this thread to close it out properly.  If you still have further questions, please leave an update.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.