Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Gant Chart Help

Dear Qlik Users,

I am trying to produce a Gant chart that shows activity over a day. The table of data is similar to the below:

TaskJobStart TimeDuration
A109:0000:15
A917:0000:15
C412:0000:20
C816:0000:20
A210:0000:20
B311.0000:15
B713:0000:15
A715:0000:15
B614:0000:20

My desired outcome would look similar to the below - where "non captured" time is simply a gap between tasks

Gant Chart.jpg

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to do it? Please note that my data is not ordered.

I've tried previously to create a bar chart with the Jobs plotting across the bottom and using a bar offset to plot the duration amounts in the correct place but I don't think it is possible to overlap the separate jobs so it is only in one column?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Drew

Tags (5)
9 Replies
sujeetsingh
Honored Contributor III

Re: Gant Chart Help

It seems you need to adjust the scale

sujeetsingh
Honored Contributor III

Try stacked chart

ecolomer
Honored Contributor II

Here you are an example of Gannt

Not applicable

Hi Enrique,

This is useful but I would now need to plot all of the "promocion"s on one column - the reason I that my data might have 300 "promocion" options.

Thanks,

Drew

ecolomer
Honored Contributor II

Re: Re: Gant Chart Help

Nada_8.png

ecolomer
Honored Contributor II

Re: Re: Gant Chart Help

OK, you can modify input data with gaps in colour=blank

Not applicable

Hi Enrique,

This is useful but your jobs are still not showing on one column? The issue is that in my data I may have Jobs up to number 200 so this wouldn't visually work with this amount of data. Thank you for your help though.

Drew

Not applicable

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? I need to have the information plotted on the same bar (in excel you can use series overlap)

Not applicable

Hi,

You could try this approach:

How to create a Gantt chart using a Pivot table

It's different because it uses colored cells in a pivot table instead of using a bar chart. Still it may be helpful.