Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gant Chart Help

Dear Qlik Users,

I am trying to produce a Gant chart that shows activity over a day. The table of data is similar to the below:

TaskJobStart TimeDuration
A109:0000:15
A917:0000:15
C412:0000:20
C816:0000:20
A210:0000:20
B311.0000:15
B713:0000:15
A715:0000:15
B614:0000:20

My desired outcome would look similar to the below - where "non captured" time is simply a gap between tasks

Gant Chart.jpg

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to do it? Please note that my data is not ordered.

I've tried previously to create a bar chart with the Jobs plotting across the bottom and using a bar offset to plot the duration amounts in the correct place but I don't think it is possible to overlap the separate jobs so it is only in one column?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Drew

9 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

It seems you need to adjust the scale

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Try stacked chart

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Here you are an example of Gannt

Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

This is useful but I would now need to plot all of the "promocion"s on one column - the reason I that my data might have 300 "promocion" options.

Thanks,

Drew

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Nada_8.png

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

OK, you can modify input data with gaps in colour=blank

Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

This is useful but your jobs are still not showing on one column? The issue is that in my data I may have Jobs up to number 200 so this wouldn't visually work with this amount of data. Thank you for your help though.

Drew

Not applicable
Author

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? I need to have the information plotted on the same bar (in excel you can use series overlap)

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You could try this approach:

How to create a Gantt chart using a Pivot table

It's different because it uses colored cells in a pivot table instead of using a bar chart. Still it may be helpful.