Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gauge Chart - No Data to display

I have a gauge chart that works as intended with one exception.  The gauge shows a percentage change between two years.  If I have no years selected, the gauge completely disappears and just leaves a message of "No Data to display" (not what I want).  How do I get the gauge chart to remain even if no years are selected (I am not terribly concerned about the value it shows.  I just want the user to know the chart is there by seeing it)?

10 Replies
its_anandrjs

I believe you use variables in the guage expression if so then in place of variable use SET analysis or please provide expression.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Use expression as below

Just an example below

(SUM({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year))'}>}Sales) - SUM({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year)-1)'}>}Sales))/SUM({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year)-1)'}>}Sales)

Not applicable
Author

That's the way I had it to begin with and it still shows no gauge unless year(s) are selected.  I tried simply initializing the variables but all that did was change the definition of my variable to  whatever I SET or LET it to.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check enclosed file....

Not applicable
Author

Manish,

There was nothing attached.

Alex

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

It is there

Not applicable
Author

Manish,

I get a messge when I try to open it that says that since I am a personal user if I open it I cannot open future documents.  Not sure I want to do that.  Any other ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexander,

you are using personal edition that's why you can't access the application,can you please share the what ever the

expressions you are using in gauge chart or test application with your expressions.

Thanks

Basha

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Use below script

=============

Load * Inline

[

Year, Sales

2011, 200

2012, 220

2013, 300

2014, 500

];

==============

Create a Guage Chart

Dimension

No Dimension

Expression

(SUM({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year))'}>}Sales)-SUM({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year)-1)'}>}Sales))/SUM({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year)-1)'}>}Sales)

Hope this helps...