Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

General script error

I am executing transform qvw through QMC. Qvw is fetching data from QVD.

When I execute it first time, it is failing with general script error. When I re-run same script without any change, it runs successfully.

When it fails first time it is just showing 'General script error'. I checked, whether QVD's are corrupted. But that is not the case.

The main twist I am getting is, when I execute same qvw in my local machine, it does not throws any error. But, when I try to run it on server through QMC it is throwing 'General script error'.

Request inputs to analyze this issue to find root cause.

in QlikView App Development Reply

Show more

4 Replies
Colin-Albert

Have you enabled the document log? This will show where the error is occurring in the script.

Tick the Generate Logfile option in the Document Properties, Gebneral screen.

This will then, after a reload is run, create a file named YourQVWFilename.log in the same folder as your QVW

GenerateLogfile.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin,

I am able to generate the log file but log file is just showing 'General script error'. With this I am not able to analyze the issue further.

Colin-Albert

Can you post the error log showing the error line and the previous 6 lines or so?

Colin-Albert

You can get a "General Script Error" if you are trying to store to a QVD file that is being used by another process.

You say you have checked the QVD for corruption, can you try and rename the QVD through file explorer, this will give an error if the QVD file is locked.

If its locked, then look for any other QlikView processes - qv.exe or qvb.exe that could be locking the file.