Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Save the Date: QlikWorld Online, June 24-25, 2020. Free global virtual event for data integration and data analytic gurus. Register Today
Highlighted
Contributor

Generating Missing dates in Fact table

Hello All,

Hope you all doing all. Currently I'm facing some challenges in my current project regarding missing time data generation.

I've created a dummy data set to describe the issue. It would be great if anyone can provide a workable solution for the issue. The .qvw and dummy data file is available as attachment.

Problem:

I want to show the trend of "No of Orders" placed for a particular Product in a Year. But the trend is showing data points for only those months when some data is present.

Below is the snap of current output and expected output-

Current Output.png

Expected Output.png

Note: In real I'm dealing with 2 million records. So need to keep in mind the reload time and performance of the final application.

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Joy

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Generating Missing dates in Fact table

Try to enable these options for Month and check

1) Show All values (Month Dim)

2) Suppress when value is null (Month Dim)

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks Anil for your reply. But its not giving exact output. Below is the snap of output after applying your input-

Output.PNG

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi Joydip

PFA the updated file , Pls check and revert back incase any issue.

Regards

Dwarika Panigrahi