Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Attend QlikWorld 2020 and hear keynote speaker, Malcolm Gladwell. Register by February 29th to save $200. Learn More
Highlighted
Not applicable

Get list box for a Straight table Expression

Hi,

I have a Straight table with ID and an Expession, I want to select the values in the expression by creating a list box. But Is it possible, I have tried it and attached is the QVW but it is displaying null when I use same expression in List Box. Please help on this.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Get list box for a Straight table Expression

Hi,

As a quick and dirty I have added your expression to the list box but not sure if it does the trick for you, see qvw attached.

Capture.GIF

Warm regards,

Nish

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Nish,

Thanks for the answer, Is there a way we can get only 1 and 0 as single selection with out the ID's in the List Box. Please let me know.

Regards,

Srihari.

Highlighted

May be create Flag for that or use Island table to mapping

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Anil,

Actually I am giving as Expression in the Straight table, So I don't think we can map the values to an expression, we can map with dimension but not sure how we map with an expression. I tried to create the data island but I am calculating the field on the fly as an expression, so it may not be possible.