Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Getting Min values for the remaining dataset

Hi,

Have a small problem, I need to calculate the minimum values of the dataset corresponding to the value as of today. Let me explain with an example

DateValueMin Value

On Day 1 the value is 101 and there is no value lesser than 101, so min value is blank.

On Day 2 the value is 110 and for the remaining period the min value is 105, so selected Min Value is 105

On Day 3 the value is 105 and for the remaining period the min value is 105, so Min Value is blank

Similarly on Day 5 the value is 115 and for the remaining period the min value is 109, so selected Min Value is 109

How to get such values in QV?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

hi umang,

pls see the attached application.

probably this should work fine

thanks

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Someone pls help

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Umang,

Can u plz tell me the structure of ur database.. What does the 'value' stand for and what does the min value stand for ..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

The value stands for the prices of a product which may rise or fall as per the demand & supply

The Min Value stands for the lowest price of the commodity after the date at which it is calculated so at every point of time may change

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

HI Umang,

If i am not wrong u hav three fields date,start value , all values in a day...

After loading these 3 data field ..create a straight table having dimensions Date , Value..

Then edit expression as

if(Value >min([Values in D day]),min([Values in D day]),'')

Then you can get the Desired output ..

I am sending u the .qvw file

Cheers

Sunil..

Not applicable
Author

Sunil,

thanks for the effort you are putting for solving my query, but I guess i have not been able to explain the same properly.

Min Value is a calculated value based on the Values field. I am attaching an excel example to showcase how the Min Value is calculated.

thanks

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

HI Umang

I have done exactly what u want ..U down load the attatched .qvw and go through it..

I am also sending u the generated out put of the required information u need.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

I think there is stil some misunderstanding, in the QV you have got three fileds

1. Date

2.Start Value

3. All the values of the

However my data has got just two sets of values

1. Date

2. Values

The Min value is calculated as per the formulas I have written in the attached excel file

thanks

Not applicable
Author

hi umang,

pls see the attached application.

probably this should work fine

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tauqueer - exactly what I wanted