Getting error about a missing field in QVD while in reality this field exists
my QV model loads daily qvds.
For the last week its loading fails with error that one of the fields does not exist in the last qvd I am loading.
When I open this qvd to check it, I see that this field exists!
It happens only for the last qvd I have. For example when I had the last qvd for the 18-09-12, so it failed for this qvd. For the next day my last qvd was 19-09-12, so it failed for this one and not for the 18-09-12.
Re: Getting error about a missing field in QVD while in reality this field exists
I got it working by making the behind-the-scenes logic of QlikView explicit: first load all QVDs of the same type into a resident table (using wildcards), then transform this resident table into a new table by manpulating columns, names etc. Don't forget to drop the first resident table.
If you have QVDs with different formats, and you need columns that aren't present in all of them, you'll have to perform a similar load for each group of QVDs with an identical format. Say like: first load all QVDs in resident tables (one for each group of identically formatted QVDs), and only then put them together into the final table.