Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the integers from the db

I have my qvw file connected to a db through ODBC. I'm fetching the data using LOAD statement, where I'm loading each column as a unique file name. the data that is saved in the table is in the form of VARCHAR. The data is differentiated on the basics of week number, meaning week1 has a value in requirements as' 7/11 requirements have been meet', but for week 2 has value 'Requirement 10 has been accomplished'  .And in the end the data is to be shown in the text box object. I'm using" =Concat(requirement,chr(13)) "  in the text box properties [requirement being the column name]

Problem: How to extract just the integer values that are available in the column? How to show the distinct values in the textbox?

what should I be doing here?

Kindly help me out. Let me know if anything is not understandable.

12 Replies
sarafamiglietti
Creator
Creator

As explained, it's not possible in a text box to do this.

Maybe you can handle it with set analysis, but I am not convinced by this solution because Requirement is a dimension and not an indicator which can be used in an aggregation function like sum, max etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sara, I don't have licensed software so I won't be able to view your file. Please if you can share the code screenshot that will be really helpful. Also I'll start looking into Set Analysis

sarafamiglietti
Creator
Creator

Hello,

Here the screenshot of the result and the corresponding formula

Capture3.JPG

max({$ <WW = {1}>} KeepChar( Requirement, '1234567890') )

max({$ <WW = {2}>} KeepChar( Requirement, '1234567890') )