cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting totals from various charts

Hello,

I'm looking for some suggestions in what I'm looking for.   Say I have a sheet with two charts - SQLChart and OracleChart.

As the name suggests, SQLChart gets data from MSSQL while OracleChart gets data from Oracle.  Both charts have

various calculations/expressions and both are pivot charts.  I need to get a value out of the SQLChart and use it in my OracleChart

to perform a simple division.  How do I do this and what would be the best approach?

Thank you

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to "reference" a value which is stored in the SQLChart from the OracleChart?

Digvijay_Singh

Each Qlikview document can have only one data model. First you should be preparing your holistic data model by first extracting data from Oracle and/or SQL database and then associating your data through script based on business needs or requirement.

Once you are ready with your data model, you will understand how different fields should get associated with each other in front end through charts.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I totally agreed with you about having a holistic view of the data model.  This QV app was created by someone and I'm new to QV development.  I was trying to see if there was an easier way for me to pull this one number out of the SQLChart and use it in my OracleChart.  One thing I can probably do is somehow setup a formula and stick the result in variable.  Then reference this variable in the chart where I need to the math.