Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Giving option to select by count

Hi folks,

I have a similar straight-table as below, derived from multiple tables (as Customers, Orders, shipments). All fields in straight table has duplicates.

ORDERED_QTY is an Expression with Count function.

and remaining fields are Dimensions.

Capture.PNG

And Business user requirement is "For a given time period provide the ability to view details broken out by number as ORDERED_QTY>5 or 10, depends on user input".

Could someone please help me how to implement this in dashboard.

I tried implementing this by giving an "Multibox" option with the below similar expression

=Aggr( count(QTY), CUSTOMER_ID, CUSTOMER_NAME, ORDER_DATE_TIME, PRODUCT_DETAILS, SHIPPING_DETAILS)

but this results in a weird way as If I select Count 10, it is showing some extra values less than and greater than 10.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can achive this using a variable OR Two variables to hold and store the lower and upper bounds of the values.

Check the sample app attached and hopefully it will help you...

* On the chart properties > Expressions - Notice that "Total Mode" is Sum of Rows *

marcus_sommer

Try as listbox-expression something like this:

class(aggr(sum(QTY),

CUSTOMER_ID /* maybe some more dimensions like PRODUCT_DETAILS but surely not all dimensions */),

$(vQTYBucketSize))

and providing the variable vQTYBucketSize within a inputbox.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi friend,

Could you please post me the logic you used in QVW file, because I don't have a licensed version to open the document.

Thanks,

Ashok