Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Graph Axes minimum

I have a single table within a QVW file with (amongst others) 3 columns for 10/11 Activity, 11/12 Activity and 12/13 Activity.

When graphing this to compare year on year activity levels, the axis of the graph always starts at zero as months 6-12 of 12/13 Activity are null/zero.

Is there a way of getting QV to ignore nulls/zeros so I can get the graph on the right?

I have tried using static min but of course once filters are applied, this min value causes data not to be viewed?

Thanks

Ian

Zero.bmpRequired.bmp

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesaraccardi
Valued Contributor

Re: Graph Axes minimum

Please take a look, I made a verification for the first expression ensuring it wont return 0 values.

Regards,

Cesar

9 Replies
cesaraccardi
Valued Contributor

Hi Ian,

You can uncheck the option "Forced 0" for all of your expressions in the "Axes" tab of the chart.

Regards,

Cesar

Not applicable

Already done Cesar, but no effect. Axes still show from zero

Ian

cesaraccardi
Valued Contributor

Have you tried with the "Supress Zero-Values" option at Presentation tab checked?

Not applicable

Yes, with the box unticked you can clearly see the line hitting zero in the later months, with the box ticked, the line is hidden bu the graph axis remains the same.

Thanks for trying!

cesaraccardi
Valued Contributor

I understand... When you uncheck the Forced 0 option it will start from the minimum value you have, if you have 0 values for some dimensions you need to supress these values. Can you post your qvw or a sample?

cesaraccardi
Valued Contributor

Another important thing is that the option Forced 0 must be unchecked for each expressions you have individually.

Not applicable

QVW now attached Cesar.

Thanks

Ian

HI

Is not start with zero... Its start with one only.

Please see the attached file.

cesaraccardi
Valued Contributor

Please take a look, I made a verification for the first expression ensuring it wont return 0 values.

Regards,

Cesar

Community Browser