Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

HIDE NULL VALUES

Hi,

I create a pivot table to show increments in endorsement condicions, in this table there are 3 expresión (Inicial condicion, aplly condicion and increment)

Inicial condicion :

if(Incremento <> Null() and Incremento <> 0,

avg(if([Tipo de comisión 1] <> Null() and [Porcentaje 1] <> 0,[Porcentaje 1],

if([Tipo de comisión 2] <> Null() and [Porcentaje 2] <> 0,[Porcentaje 2],

if([Tipo de comisión 3] <> Null() and [Porcentaje 3] <> 0,[Porcentaje 3],

if([Tipo de comisión 4] <> Null() and [Porcentaje 4] <> 0,[Porcentaje 4],

if([Tipo de comisión 5] <> Null() and [Porcentaje 5] <> 0,[Porcentaje 5],

if([Tipo de comisión 6] <> Null() and [Porcentaje 6] <> 0,[Porcentaje 6]))))))),

Null())

Apply Condicion:

if(Incremento <> Null() and Incremento <> 0,(((sum(Importe) * ([Divisor activo]/[Periodo]))/[Importe total])*100),Null())

Incremento:

if(round((((sum(Importe) * ([Divisor activo]/[Periodo]))/[Importe total])*100) -

if([Tipo de comisión 6] <> Null() and [Porcentaje 6] <> 0,[Porcentaje 6]))))))),0.01) -                                

above(round((((sum(Importe) * ([Divisor activo]/[Periodo]))/[Importe total])*100) -

if([Tipo de comisión 6] <> Null() and [Porcentaje 6] <> 0,[Porcentaje 6]))))))),0.01)) <> 0,

round((((sum(Importe) * ([Divisor activo]/[Periodo]))/[Importe total])*100) -

if([Tipo de comisión 6] <> Null() and [Porcentaje 6] <> 0,[Porcentaje 6]))))))),0.01),Null())

the result is correct but i can´t hide null values, i try to  supress null values but it dosen´t work, any idea.

Thank for your help

Tags (2)
14 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: HIDE NULL VALUES

Hi

The expression "[Tipo de comisión 1] <> Null()" is not the correct way to test for null values. By design, this expression will always return false, regardless of the value of [Tipo de comisión 1].

The correct way to test for nulls is using IsNull() or comparing the length to zero. Like:

IsNull([Tipo de comisión 1])     will return true if the field value is null

Len([Tipo de comisión 1]) > 0      will return true if the field is not null and not an empty string

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable

Hi Jonathan,

I change my expresion but i get the same result.

Thanks a lot.

whiteline
Honored Contributor II

Hi.

How do you change it ?

Not applicable

Hi Whiteline the modified expresions are

Incial condicon:

if(IsNull(Incremento) or (Incremento = 0),

Null(),

avg(if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 1])) and [Porcentaje 1] <> 0,[Porcentaje 1],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 2])) and [Porcentaje 2] <> 0,[Porcentaje 2],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 3])) and [Porcentaje 3] <> 0,[Porcentaje 3],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 4])) and [Porcentaje 4] <> 0,[Porcentaje 4],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 5])) and [Porcentaje 5] <> 0,[Porcentaje 5],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 6])) and [Porcentaje 6] <> 0,[Porcentaje 6]))))))))

Apply condicion:

if(IsNull(Incremento) or (Incremento = 0),Null(),(((sum(Importe) * ([Divisor activo]/[Periodo]))/[Importe total]) * 100))

Increment:

if(round((((sum(Importe) * ([Divisor activo]/[Periodo]))/[Importe total]) * 100) -

avg(if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 1])) and ([Porcentaje 1] <> 0),[Porcentaje 1],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 2])) and ([Porcentaje 2] <> 0),[Porcentaje 2],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 3])) and ([Porcentaje 3] <> 0),[Porcentaje 3],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 4])) and ([Porcentaje 4] <> 0),[Porcentaje 4],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 5])) and ([Porcentaje 5] <> 0),[Porcentaje 5],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 6])) and ([Porcentaje 6] <> 0),[Porcentaje 6]))))))),0.01) -                                

above(round((((sum(Importe) * ([Divisor activo]/[Periodo]))/[Importe total]) * 100) -

avg(if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 1])) and ([Porcentaje 1] <> 0),[Porcentaje 1],

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 6])) and ([Porcentaje 6] <> 0),[Porcentaje 6]))))))),0.01)) <> 0,

round((((sum(Importe) * ([Divisor activo]/[Periodo]))/[Importe total]) * 100) -

if((not IsNull([Tipo de comisión 6])) and ([Porcentaje 6] <> 0),[Porcentaje 6]))))))),0.01),Null())

Thank fou your help

whiteline
Honored Contributor II

the result is correct but i can´t hide null values, i try to  supress null values but it dosen´t work, any idea.

Could you explain or post a screenshoot ?

And in 'Incial condicon', I think you've missed a not statement:

if(not IsNull(Incremento) or (Incremento = 0), ...

Not applicable

Hi WhitLine,

Thants for you help, the pivot table object is show differences between from "Condicion Inicial/Start Condicion" vs "Condicional Real/Real Condicion" i can get show only the first change but i can´t suppress null values.

Pivot Table.

Date               Start Condition      Real Condicion     Diference

01/01/2012      0,2                      0,2                       0

01/02/2012      0,2                      0,3                       0,1

01/03/2012      0,2                      0,3                       0,1

01/04/2012      0,2                      0,3                       0,1

01/05/2012      0,2                      0,4                       0,2

01/06/2012      0,2                      0,4                       0,2

The objective:

My Pivot Table:

01/01/2012      -                          -                          0

01/03/2012      -                         -                           -

01/04/2012      -                         -                           -

01/06/2012      -                         -                           -

I can't hide this null values.

Thants a lot.

whiteline
Honored Contributor II

Gregorio,

have you tried 'Supress-Zero Values' checkbox on presentation tab ?

Not applicable

Hi Whiteline,

Yes i tried this options and the result is the same.

Thanks for your help

whiteline
Honored Contributor II

Could you provide a sample ?

Community Browser