Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karunaramteke
Contributor III
Contributor III

Handling Null fields values

Hi QlikExperts,

I have below table 

Name   Role

Alice    Territory_Manager  

Bob       Zone_Manager

If in Role - Territory_Manager , Name - Alice is not there then against Role - Zone_Manager I should get Name - BOB

Please help.

Also find attached image for more clarification.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Its hard to understand your issue. Please explain in other words. What is the expected output of you hand written table? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your question is not much clear but answering as per my understanding, when Territory_Manager roles is not filled by Alice then Zone_manger name will be BOB. Please check below conditon.

=If(Role='Territory_Manager' and Name<> 'Alice', 'Bob',Name) as New_Name

karunaramteke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks you are close to it, but I have many Names

From attached sheet line 8 in F column, If Name_MCOM  is not there then it should take Name : Newbaran Pal which is against Meetingg Center Operation manager. 

Please find attachement for more clarity.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems seven to nine conditions in your data, you can write nested if() to achieve this.

karunaramteke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can you please share logic, 2 nested if

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I can offer is the following Design Blog post that may put you on the right track:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Replacing-Null-Values-in-Multiple-Fields/ba-p/1470988

If you want to search further in that area, use the following link:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-bloga

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.