cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Healthcare patient population

Hello,

I have some experience with Qlikview development but there's still a lot out there that I'm not familiar with.

Hopefully someone can give me a few pointers/suggestions here.

I'm in the healthcare industry.  I want to create some visuals in Qlik that show patient population. For example, I want

to show where the patients are for a given zip code on a map - say 90001 has 50 patients; 90002 has 100 patients and

etc.  What's the best tool (add-ons, extensions) to do something like this in Qlik?  Does anyone have any sample

they can share?

Thanks so much

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

i am not sure, Why extensions came to your mind. As we can plot using Scatter Object.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Sydney,

Either Scatter chart or Grid chart is helpful to you to show the data by region.

if we miss understand your requirement please correct us with some more explanation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have started looking at the Scatter Chart in this forum and reading up on this object and capabilities.  Looks like this would work for me.  Some of the samples I see appear to require longitude and latitude coordinates in order to pin

the location (in my case patients where they live) on the map.  So in my example above, my 50 patients who reside in zip code 90001 are physically located in different sections within this zip code.  One question I have for now is:

Q1 - If longitude & latitude info is required, I will need to know the patient's address to in order to find this.

If true, what options (or methods) do I have to obtain coordinates for the address?

Again, I have not done this before.  I am soliciting inputs from those who have experience with this and can

share their "walkthrought" with me.

Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After googling around, looks like I can just download the zip code - geodata from "census.gov".  Seems like this is may be the easiest for me as a start.  I will load this information into a table and map the zip code to patient's address (zip).