HI,

Can you please help to fix the issueP>

Thanks in Advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Anu, below is a Design Blog URL that will take  you to a base post from Henric Cronstrom, he has a few other links included at the end of his post, two of which are related to dynamic data reduction that I think will likely help you understand things better and hopefully help you get your use case sorted out...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

I took a look through your Word doc and this really isn't a security issue, it's more of a Section Access-related question.  I would recommend changing the thread title to "Help Needed with Section Access" or something similar in order to get the assistance you're looking for.

This link should get you started with Section Access and understanding what it does.  Based on the document you provided, you're looking to connect salesman with their specific accounts, Section Access is a good way to do that.  You can limit the data being shown based on which salesman logs into the Accesspoint.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
250575qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the update.. we need to filter the specific account based on the saleman login but if the those accounts are using another sales man , we need to show those sales man details also

bkrutuja22
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello,

It seems that you have applied restriction only based on SR field. Hence, it is showing the data related to the Specific field value (i.e A).

You need to apply restrictions on SR as well as Account field. For this, you need to firstly create a composite key of SR & Account field.

[New Main Table] :

Load 

UPPER(SR&'-'&Account) as Key

resident main table;

Now you need the Bridge Table :

Load

Key,

UPPER(SR&'-'&Account) as Auth_id

Resident New Main Table;

Load

Key,

UPPER('ALL-'&Account) as Auth_id

Resident New Main Table;

Load

Key,

UPPER(SR&'-ALL') as Auth_id

Resident New Main Table;

Load

Key,

'ALL-ALL' as Auth_id

Resident New Main Table;

SECTION Access;

load
'Admin'
as ADMIN,
Upper(SalesRep) as USERID,
Upper(SalesRep) as PASSWORD,
SR&'-'&Account as Auth_id

Resident Table1;

SECTION Application;

Now you can give access based on two fields ie SR & Account.

Try this & Let us know if this works or if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards 

Krutuja Borge.

rathore01
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

minor correction  in Section Access Scritp - 

SECTION Access;
load
'ADMIN'
as ACCESS,
Upper(SalesRep) as USERID,
Upper(SalesRep) as PASSWORD,
SR
Resident Table1;
SECTION Application;

Also in qlikview you need to apply strict exclusion in document property.

Thanks,

250575qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your update..i have verified your code but still facing the same issue.. if i login using Sales Rep A , i could see only his details .since the SalesRep A has account1 and Account5 , I need to get all sales rep data corresponding to Account1 and Account5. I needs to display Sales rep B and D data along with sales rep A, if Sales rep A logins

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Anu, below is a Design Blog URL that will take  you to a base post from Henric Cronstrom, he has a few other links included at the end of his post, two of which are related to dynamic data reduction that I think will likely help you understand things better and hopefully help you get your use case sorted out...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.