Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help in chart item

Hi,

I have one qlikview file and all is fine. But I have one straight table chart item. and this chart tiem is picking data from Link Table(combination of three tables). I have one coulmn 'COMMENT'. the expression I used to get data into this column is

=Only(Comment)

and this Comment data is coming from access table. In the database it is showing column values. but in the qlikview file it is showing blank values. Could anyone help me in this please.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

My first guess is that you have more than one Comment values associated with your dimensions. Try to use concat instead of only to investigate.

Concat(Comment, ', ')

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

My first guess is that you have more than one Comment values associated with your dimensions. Try to use concat instead of only to investigate.

Concat(Comment, ', ')

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Just say

=Comment

=ONLY(Comment) means it will only give you a result when one selection is made from the comment field

Not applicable
Author

If you open up the "Comment" field in a selection box do you see any value?.

Try the formula "Maxstring"

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Alan Farrell: =Comment will give the same result as =Only(Comment) . You always aggregate in a Qlikview-expression and if no aggregation function is given then Qlikview assumes Only().

A good read on the topic isHenric Cronstr%c3%b6m blogpost QlikView Design Blog : It’s all Aggregations | QlikCommunity.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Very much it's working.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much

Not applicable
Author

How to use MaxString please let me know.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

You can merely do the following:

=Maxtring(Comments)

But you were looking for a different solution.

Maxstring is not always the safest formula to use and one must be careful what you are using it for.

If I have the following table maxstring will equal to Sep

=Maxstring() = Sep

Month

Month Desc

Aug

Sep

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you help me how to get the latest comment. Actually I have comments in the column from last year onwards. but I need the comment which is added on the day or atleast yesterday. Please help me how to use the expression.

Thanks.