Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rakesh_kumar
Creator
Creator

Help needed with Bar Chart Percentages and pointer on bars

Dear Qlik Stars,

Here is a screenshot of the problem with the bar chart where I needed your help:

Screenshot2.png

In the above chart the Red and Green bar data goes to show last one week in percentages.

My Questions:

1. The Red and Green bars in the chart on the right side should be as percentages with values inside segments like the one shown in the Target chart on the left?

2. Is it possible to add "All Wards" in the same chart instead of creating a second one?

3. How to get "% discharged by 1 pm previous 4 weeks" pointer on the bars as shown in the Target chart?

Please find the attached application with the data and chart. Please could someone help with solving these problems?

Regards,

RK

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Yes, enable the Plot Values Inside Segments option on the Presentation tab.

2. Yes, create an extra table in the script:

ReportDim:

LOAD distinct WardSpeciality, WardSpeciality as ReportDim

Resident IP;

Concatenate(ReportDim)

LOAD distinct WardSpeciality, 'All Wards' as ReportDim

Resident IP;

The use the field ReportDim as dimension instead of WardSpeciality

3. Yes,

Remove the Time_Bucket dimension from the chart.

Change the chart type to Combi chart. Change the expression to

=Count({<Time_Bucket={'Pre-1PM '}, DischargeDateTime={">=$(=weekstart(max(Date_Field),-1)) <=$(=weekend(max(Date_Field),-1)+1)"}, WardSpecialty={*}-{'None'}>}LocalPatientIdentifier)

Copy that expression and change {'Pre-1PM '} to {'After 1PM'}.

Set the Display option of both these expressions to Bar

Add another expression that calculates the values for the diamond markers and set its Display option to Symbol.

See attached example. (I've simply used 8 as expression, replace that with your expression for the discharges).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Yes, enable the Plot Values Inside Segments option on the Presentation tab.

2. Yes, create an extra table in the script:

ReportDim:

LOAD distinct WardSpeciality, WardSpeciality as ReportDim

Resident IP;

Concatenate(ReportDim)

LOAD distinct WardSpeciality, 'All Wards' as ReportDim

Resident IP;

The use the field ReportDim as dimension instead of WardSpeciality

3. Yes,

Remove the Time_Bucket dimension from the chart.

Change the chart type to Combi chart. Change the expression to

=Count({<Time_Bucket={'Pre-1PM '}, DischargeDateTime={">=$(=weekstart(max(Date_Field),-1)) <=$(=weekend(max(Date_Field),-1)+1)"}, WardSpecialty={*}-{'None'}>}LocalPatientIdentifier)

Copy that expression and change {'Pre-1PM '} to {'After 1PM'}.

Set the Display option of both these expressions to Bar

Add another expression that calculates the values for the diamond markers and set its Display option to Symbol.

See attached example. (I've simply used 8 as expression, replace that with your expression for the discharges).

rakesh_kumar
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks a lot for the Quick reply giving solutions to the problems. Your solutions solved the 2nd and 3rd questions perfectly. Here are 3 further issues:

1. I am sorry for not being more clear on the first question. As shown below in the Target chart the bar values will sum upto 100 %, I want the same on the chart on the Right with the values in the segments to be percentage values rather than actual values.

2. How can I get total values in the Oval circles in the chart on the right?

3. Is it possible to move the Diamond markers slightly up as in the chart on the left so that these markers wont block the visibility of the plot values in the segments?

Screenshot3.png

Also please find the attached application with the updated data model and charts?

Many Thanks,

RK

rakesh_kumar
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I figured out the answer for the 2nd question above. This expression does what I needed:

Count({<DischargeDateTime={">=$(=weekstart(max(Date_Field),-1)) <=$(=weekend(max(Date_Field),-1)+1)"}, WardSpecialty={*}-{'None'}>}LocalPatientIdentifier)

I just need your help with the 1st Question, please could you let me know your solution for this question so I can mark this Thread as answered?

Thanks,

RK

rakesh_kumar
Creator
Creator
Author

I managed to do it myself as in the attachment. I still didn't figured out whether its possible to move the diamond symbols a bit above on the bars so as not to obstruct the bar values inside the segments as the system I am working is QlikView v10 and with this version whether there is any such option available. Anyways I will mark this thread as answered.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, there's no option to offset the symbols.

rakesh_kumar
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Gysbert for your help.

Regards,

RK