Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

Help to produce a Gantt Chart

Hi, 

I'm attempting to produce a Gantt chart to show customer activity over a day (and then ideally tiered over several days).

I can produce this chart which shows the length of time each activity took for a given a day but as i say i would like to be able to offset the customers so it shows it as a Gantt chart eg customer 9187 would start at 08:00 and finish around 11:20, customer 9188 would start at 11:00 etc etc

Journey Pic.jpeg

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for these Marcus, 

I was just in the process of going through them having found them about 10 minutes before you posted the links. I'm still unable to reproduce what i'm after (having the x axis as a 24 hour timeline and then the customer episodes cascading out one after the other Gantt chart style) but i'm sure i'm not too far away.

If anyone has any other helpful ideas or links then i'm all ears.

Thanks.

marcus_sommer

I assume that the magic is the offset option from the attribute-expressions which could be accessed with the small + sign by the expression.

- Marcus

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yeah, my problem seems to be that i don't have an axis with the time on it.

The bar chart is orientated on its side and as such the dimension on the left is the Customer ID so that i can see each customer whilst the other axis is showing the duration of each interaction as opposed to showing it against a 24 hour time period.

Not really sure where to go with this, essentially i need a secondary dimension axis but on the expression axis.

Feels like i'm close.

marcus_sommer

Maybe the use of a pivot instead of a bar-chart is an alternatively: How-to-create-a-Gantt-chart-using-a-Pivot-table.

- Marcus

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I was away on training.

Currently looking through that article.

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yeah, that won't do it unfortunately (or perhaps its my inability), i need it to be able to show the 4 (sometimes 5) different elements on the one line.

Anybody else got any ideas?