cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Expression

Hi guys,

I have data which has some null values.  I have created a table box and I can view these records. As you can see within the table they are displayed as a dash "-"

Capture.JPG.jpg

What I would like to do is create a straight table which groups on some fields apart from the value because I would like to sum each order on value with an Expression.  My problem when I do this though is that the records where there are NULL values are omitted from the table.  I assume this is because the value cannot be summed? Problem is I would still like to show these records.

I have tried the following expression.

=IF(ticket_replacement_order_no <> 'NULL',sum(orders_val),orders_val = '0')

I am thinking if the field "ticket_replacement_order_no" is not null then sum the order value.  Else set the order value to zero

Is what I would like to do even possible?!

Hopefully I have explained this ok!

Thanks v much

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In a straight table you can only see demensions where there is a value in one of the expressions for it so what I do is add an expression with the value 1 and then Hide it.

Capture.PNG.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In a straight table you can only see demensions where there is a value in one of the expressions for it so what I do is add an expression with the value 1 and then Hide it.

Capture.PNG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OMG. That has worked ! I see I was massively over complicating this as this answer was simple...

Thank you very much Carly