Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

gerhardl
Not applicable

Help with Straight Table Chart

Please see the attached picture.

This is a horizontal chart (straight table), with currently no dimensions. The expressions are COUNTS of certain conditions. The first one is:

=count({<[Decision Result]={'Approved','Declined'},[Ethnic Group]-={'White'}>}Limit)

Is it possible to show next to this, the SUM of the same expression.

So I would almost like to use my function (SUM/COUNT), as a dimension.

Does that make sense?

G

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Not applicable

Re: Help with Straight Table Chart

Use as dimension:

=ValueList('Sum', 'Count')

As expresison 1 (we join A, B):

=pick(rowno(), sum({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit), count({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit))

and  for expression 2 (we join A, B) respectivelly:

=pick(rowno(), sum([#Increase Exposure Increase])+sum({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit), count([#Increase Exposure Increase])+count({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit))

3 Replies
whiteline
Not applicable

Hi.

You could create a calculated dimension with ValueList function (as you said, SUM/COUNT dimension).

Then use this expression style for each of yours:

=pick(rowno(), expression 1, expression 2)

gerhardl
Not applicable

For some reason I'm not getting emails when someone comments today...

Okay, so I tried figuring that out, but I am lost. I've never used ValueList or Pick funtions, and to be honest I've never even used Calculated Dimensions.

Please see the attached image. I want 1A and 2A in one column under "Value", and 1B and 2B next to them under "Count"

1A: =sum({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit)

1B: =count({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit)

2A: =sum([#Increase Exposure Increase])+sum({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit)

2B: =count([#Increase Exposure Increase])+count({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit)

I'd really appreciate if you could give some detail on how to do this.

whiteline
Not applicable

Use as dimension:

=ValueList('Sum', 'Count')

As expresison 1 (we join A, B):

=pick(rowno(), sum({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit), count({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit))

and  for expression 2 (we join A, B) respectivelly:

=pick(rowno(), sum([#Increase Exposure Increase])+sum({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit), count([#Increase Exposure Increase])+count({<[Decision Result]={'Approved'}>}Limit))