Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

Help with logic more so

I am looking for help with the logic behind what I am trying to accomplish more so.

So I get a number of files each Monday. I load them in to Qlikview and run an Nprinting report which appears in an XLSX. Users then take this one XLSX, add three additional lines and then I re-run a reloader to capture these additional 3 columns. Store this in a qvd.

This QVD is then loaded into the application.

Here is my predicament

The following Monday, I get another XLSX file, I need to compare the Unique Identifier in this with my QVD and if the Unique Identifiers match, I remove the new Unique Identifier along with the string of columns associated with said Unique Identifier and use the Unique Identifier from the QVD (as this has the Unique Identifier along with the 3 new columns created earlier).

How do I compare the QVD and new file XLSX Unique Identifiers, remove the Unique Identifier in the new file, keep the QVD unique identifier provided the 3 columns have data.

Tracker

Load

'' as Action

'' as Exploit

'' as Comment

From

File.xlsx

Report then generated.

Users add detail to 3 columns, Action, Exploit, Comment.

Reloader:

Load

From Reloader.xlsx

Store Reloader into Reload.qvd

My_App:

Load

From Reload.qvd(qvd);

New file arrival, back to start.

How do I get the Unique Identifiers if matching.

Would my logic seem plausible or would you guys go a different route?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Not sure i understand your approach.
as you are trying to do incremental load. general theory for insert and update incrementally

• Your qlikview app reloads and you save the data in it as a qvd at the end.
  • Next day you get the latest set of data (new or updated rows) load it. load the qvd from previous load eliminating data using not exists (IDField)

check below link approach 2 is what i mentioned
https://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/09/qlikview-incremental-load/

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Not sure i understand your approach.
as you are trying to do incremental load. general theory for insert and update incrementally

• Your qlikview app reloads and you save the data in it as a qvd at the end.
  • Next day you get the latest set of data (new or updated rows) load it. load the qvd from previous load eliminating data using not exists (IDField)

check below link approach 2 is what i mentioned
https://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/09/qlikview-incremental-load/