Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Help with pivot table expression

In my report pivot table have two dimensions. Based on the value of the dimension I want to perform calculation through expression, suppose my first dimension is about color then i want to put condition in expression like that if (color = 'red', 1, 0).

Is it possible to achieve in QlikView, is there any way.

5 Replies
rajni_batra
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with pivot table expression

i think u can use column function

eg.

if column(1)=red ,1,0 in calculated dimension

hope this help

Not applicable

Thanks Rajni for your comment.

I have already tried this option but unfortunately it didn't work, in Pivot table column(1) is treated as the first expression used in pivot table and not the dimension.

I want to play around the dimension.

jason_michaelid
Honored Contributor II

If "color" is your dimension then your own expression above should be fine. What's the problem with If(color='red',1,0) ?

MVP
MVP

Hi

Your if expression looks OK to me. I suggest that you post a little more detail about your chart object (dimensions and expressions) and what you are expecting from them, or better still, post your application or a sample tp illustrate the problem.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
MVP
MVP

Unless of course color is the name of a calculated dimension...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Community Browser