Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with set analysis

I need help with the following expression -

Count({$<field={'NULL'}>}field)

However, I want it to do the opposite of this.  I want it to ignore the 'NULL'.  I tried replacing the '=' with '<>' but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Greg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
annafuksa1
Creator III
Creator III

its a bug in Qlikview

it is working perfectly fine (I use is in many calculations:))

you can use as well

Count(if(field<>'NULL',field)

View solution in original post

12 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Greg,

you can make in script the flag, and with flags exclude the zero values within your charts

beck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't understand

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Then use this, BEfore = there is one -(Hyphan)

Count({$<field -={'NULL'}>}field) // I am assuming you have NULL name of value in that field

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
annafuksa1
Creator III
Creator III

try

Count({$<field=-{'NULL'}>}field)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.  That seems to work but the expression looks like it has errors even though it says 'Expression OK' -

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just ignore the wiggly lines underneath your expression. The syntax checker doesn't know about negation nor does it know about compound operators (e.g. -=). Indeed "Expression OK" says it all...

annafuksa1
Creator III
Creator III

its a bug in Qlikview

it is working perfectly fine (I use is in many calculations:))

you can use as well

Count(if(field<>'NULL',field)

annafuksa1
Creator III
Creator III

but use Count({$<field=-{'NULL'}>}field) not Count({$<field-={'NULL'}>}field) as they are working if different way (I will strongly recommend to test it and see )

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A small warning: taking everything except NULL in this way, will include all InitialSDSStatus values not currently selected. If you want to exclude NULL from the currently selected values, use

Count({$<InitialSDSStatus -= {'NULL'}>} InitialSDSStatus)