cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeallen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Help with waterfall chart

Hi. I need help with waterfall chart (well like a reverse one, it goes up instead of down):

I followed the guides found here how you do these: I'm not using any dimension, just an expression with set analysis for each category to be displayed. Then I go into each expression and edit the bar offset option, where you don't add anything for the first expression, in the second bar offset you add the formula for the 1st expression, in the third expression bar offset you add the formula for the first and second expression, and so on.

This is how it looks like now, with no filters, which is correct, because I want the largest value to be on the left:

Capture1.PNG

However I realized this is a way of hard-coding so it doesn't really work the way I want to. For example if i filter like this: Salesoffice=AEJ

Capture2.PNG

What my expected output is in this case: I want the largest value category to always be on the left. So basically sorted by largest % value. With this filter SHIP should be at the left(51%), Vehicle(43%) in the middle, AIR(5%) to the right, etc. But because the bar offset is hard-coded it doesn't work.

So i need your help...how do I make this waterfall chart to work dynamically with sorting by value size on the x-axis???  .qyw in attachment !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try with single dimension and single expression. For this to work, you will need QV12.1 or above because the offset expression used an Aggr() which can only work on QV12.1 or above.

Recipe for a Pareto Analysis – Revisited

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try with single dimension and single expression. For this to work, you will need QV12.1 or above because the offset expression used an Aggr() which can only work on QV12.1 or above.

Recipe for a Pareto Analysis – Revisited

Capture.PNG

joeallen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks so much Sunny! That works beautifully!