Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi Experts

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to send PDF format report via mail (SMTP Configuration) in QlikView(Personal Edition) without having QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher ??  Any Suggestions or Help to do this

Thanks in Advance

Reddi Kishor.P

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not sure about Personal Edition... But Yes, MACRO is the answer.

Macro export Reports to multiple PDF

How to create PDF through Macro in Qlikview 11

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

hi,

https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=send+pdf+report

go through this link

hope this helps u

roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

You should be able to do this, but it's a bit contrived.

Create your report.

Create an action to print the report and use a PDF writer to print it. (Action - Print - Print Report)

Creatte another action (Action - External - Launch) and set parameters to use your email client and the PDF you just created.

avinashelite

As per my knowledge no ...because we don't have scheduler feature in the Qlikview desktop version ..you need to make you of macro but still it will be a kind of manual work .

roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

There's a scheduler... it's in the Document Properties

Capture.PNG

avinashelite

yes but it won't work

roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

Why not? Seems a bit pointless it being there if it doesn't work.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Avinash ir right. Settings for a preferred schedule won't do anything in QV Desktop. They merely serve as guidance for an Administrator when creating an initial schedule for this particular QVW document in QV Server/Publisher.

But that won't hold Reddi back from getting a solution though...

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

First of all thanks for your reply guys, i tried all d things by using link which you (sureshqv) sent in reply mail but unfortunately, its not all working.....can u elaborate me i am able to edit the script according to my report details by using macro script(say its working for PDF Format report macro script) but able to send mail but PDF Format report is not getting in that mail.........so explain me how to do after updating macro script......waiting for your reply guys

Thanks in advance

Reddi Kishor.P